Wednesday, April 15, 2015

When Life Overwhelms You...

Hi friend!

Happy Wednesday. We've reached Hump Day. It's basically the END of Hump Day. We're halfway there! I don't know about you, but this last week and change has been a lot. I've felt pretty overwhelmed by life in general. 

I keep thinking "okay, God, let's be honest. I can't possibly handle anymore." And yet He keeps piling it on. Because I'm still not getting it. The fact that I'm saying "I" can't handle anymore means I'm still counting on myself to do it. And "I" can't. 

I know I'm not the only one who has a difficult time relinquishing control. It's not that I don't think God is able. It's just that I think I'm able, too, sometimes. That's when I get weary. That's when I become overwhelmed. Because you know what? I'm just not able. The only way I am is when I let Christ take the control. When I am weak, HE is strong. And I'm tired of being the strong one. Or, let's be real, TRYING to be the strong one. 

Tonight, I'm dwelling on these verses:

Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. (1 Peter 5:7 KJV)

But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows. (Luke 12:7 KJV)

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. (Psalms 91:1 KJV)

From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. (Psalms 61:2 KJV)

When I am struggling and life is uncertain, God is my certainty. He is my shelter and my refuge. He's brought me this far and He will not forsake me. ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment