Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy New Year!

Hi friends! It's January 1! 1:17 a.m. as I type this, to be exact. I thought starting the year off with a blog post might be a good idea. 

How was everyone's Christmas? Merry and bright and all that? I hope so. Mine was sooo lovely. James Burling came across the pond to spend the holiday with me. We had a most fabulous time exploring the city and spotting all kinds of decorations. 

Grand Central Terminal (aka my happy place) on Christmas Day!
The most elaborate gingerbread creation I have EVER seen. 
Bryant Park. 
Macy's!
Larger than life decorations. :)
Manhattan Bridge in the morning sun. 
A Special Christmas train!
Lower East Side graffiti!

2014 was a difficult year for me--full of transitions; new people, new places, and new directions. But you know what? I'm ready to put 2014 behind me. I don't wanna look back. I want to move forward. I want to imagine better for myself and work towards that. 

I'm starting off on a good foot. For those who don't know, I was offered a year-long temp job that starts this month. I just got confirmation yesterday that all my background stuff came back fine (I wasn't worried. 😊) and now I'm waiting for the last approval. That should happen on Monday and then I'll start work middle of next week. I am SO excited!

As I've said, 2014 was really hard. But it's been a time of learning. I've learned a lot about myself and others. I've learned:

1. It's okay to ask for help.
2. Sometimes, no matter how much you don't want to, you just have to walk away. 
3. You don't have to attend every fight you're invited to. 
4. Forgiveness doesn't free the other person. It frees you. 

God has been so good to me. He's brought me this far, He'll bring me the rest of the way. It's been hard to let go and trust Him, but He hasn't failed me. I know He has my best interest at heart and there's a specific path waiting for me, even if I can't see what it is yet. The journey is bound to be amazing! 

Allons-y!

No comments:

Post a Comment